IoT is going to have an increasing impact in healthcare, especially with our ageing society. Think of making various issues clear in hospitals and retirement homes, but also within a growing market such as home care.
IoT solutions in healthcare
- First aid cases that show when the seal has been broken and need to be supplemented
- Smart bandages such as patches indicating when a wound is healing, or need to be replaced
- Smart floor covering that indicates when someone falls and, for example, becomes unwell
- An insulin pump that measures blood sugar levels and then emits the right amount of insulin or glucagon
- Wearables that monitor the heart rhythm and send a signal to the wearer and to the hospital when it records abnormalities